From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-23 23:58:39

David Deakins wrote:
> pdaengr_at_[hidden] wrote:
>> I need to run some of the boost dlls on a PDA (Windows Mobile 5.0). Do I
>> need to compile them with a different switch or with a different version of
>> bjam or anything like that?
>>
>> I've compiled the dlls with with VC8 on Windows XP. Would these versions of
>> the dlls run on Windows Mobile?
>>

> We build apps for WinCE 5.0 using VC8 and have successfully used several
> of the build-requiring boost libraries including thread (with some minor
> fixes), signals, and date_time. We use STLPort 5 to make up for the
> incomplete standard C++ library that comes with CE 5.

Dave,

It sounds great!
Does it mean STLport was the only library you had to use?
Haven't you met any missing C library API?
Are your "minor fixes" availale in Boost CVS?

Call to all developers using Boost on Windows CE-based platforms:
what do you think about creating a table with summary of Boost libraries
which have been compiled/used/tested on this platform?

The summary could include:
- library
- SDK
- compiler
- and status information (does work or doesn't)

I'm thinking about dedicated page on the Boost Wiki [1]

[1] http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl

Cheers

--
Mateusz Loskot