From: Giovanni Piero Deretta (gpderetta_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-24 05:10:30

Ok, now the tricky question,

Judiging from the comments on comp.programming.threads, looks like
almost everything that falls under lock free is patented.

Is the refcount code definitely patent encumbered or there is a
reasonable chance that it could be used without falling in the patent
swamp?

What about the rest of appcore (I would love to use a lockfree thread queue)?

And then, what about the license? I suppose you have the intention of
releasing at least the refcount code under the boost license, what
about the rest of appcore?

other than that, great job, I'm definitely not an expert in lock free
programming and wouldn't touch the implementation not even with a 100
meters staff, but I would definitely be an user .

gpd