From: Joe Drumm (joe.drumm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-24 09:57:19

I think he is talking about BTrees, as in
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B-tree, and not normal binary trees.
These are used for example by RDBMS engines for index storage. They
are self-balancing in that each node can contain a variable number of
keys between a given range. Nodes split when they become "too full"
(likewise they merge when sufficient space is available through
removal of keys).

Joe