From: Simon Francis (thejello_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-24 22:53:17

I vote to accept GIL into boost. I am sorry I don't have time to write a
more in-depth review at this point.

***What is your evaluation of the design?***
The design is very well thought out and seems surprisingly mature for a new
library.

***What is your evaluation of the implementation?***
Convoluted and confusing, but there likely isn't a better way.

***What is your evaluation of the documentation?***
If I have one complaint about GIL its about the documentation. The tutorial
is good, and so is the reference material

***What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?***
Extremely useful. While there are not as many algorithms as I would like,
GIL by itself provides a remarkably stable base to build upon. I think it is
really important that this is incorperated into boost because a lot of good
things can be built off it.

***Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did you have any
problems?***
GCC. My only problem was debugging templated code is hard, but I don't blame
that on GIL.

***How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance? A quick
reading? In-depth study?***
I have been using GIL as now for a few months as a part on a project on
image compression.

***Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?***
Moderately so.