From: Tobias Schwinger (tschwinger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-25 13:52:42

Hi Larry,

Larry Evans wrote:
> The zip file:
>
> <boost-vault>/Template Metaprogramming/proto_static_disp.zip
>
> uses g++ typeof, CRTP, and mpl::fold to do what sounds like something
> similar, i.e. eliminate the virtual dispatch. IIRC, the CRTP was
> needed since the parse functions were mutually recursive and CRTP
> allowed them to be defined in the same class, or something like that.

Sounds interesting! Is there some kind of documentation?
If not, would you mind adding some detail to your description?

> Maybe viewing your code would give me some ideas about how to tweak
> proto_static_disp. Any chance you could post it?

It can be found in the Boost CVS (see path in my previous post).

There is no offical documentation, but there is a huge comment block in the
header. Plus sample code in libs/spirit/techniques/no_rules_with_typeof.

I was planning on writing real docs (for the upcoming 1.8.5 release, given
I finish in time), but if I want improve the interface I better do it first.

Regards,

Tobias