From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-29 20:06:57

loufoque wrote:

>> Independently of the type of interface chosen, another issue is
>> important: the scope of the interface. Should it report all XML events,
>> including those coming from DTD parsing?
>
> Validation is quite costly: a way to prevent it would be nice. And it's
> not just DTD, there are other validation means.

I don't think the question is about validation at all. Given that xml
documents can contain an 'internal subset' means that the parser needs
to understand these, and any xml reader has to handle related events.
Whether you use that to validate the document or not is an entirely
different question.

(And I agree, validation should be handled independently, so users don't
have to pay for things they don't use.)

Regards,
                Stefan