From: Jason Hise (0xchaos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-30 12:35:58

On 10/30/06, Martin Knoblauch Revuelta <mkrevuelta_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I like "chain". The only thing I don't like of it is that I find it
> more appropiate for list than "list" itself, which sounds to me more
> appropiate for the new container.

I'm inclined to agree with the sentiment, but I think the term 'linked
list' has too much momentum to change it to 'linked chain' :)

> How about "tower", or "train". Are they too informal?

Creative, although in my opinion those sound more like alternative
names for stack and queue, respectively.

More ideas, straight from the thesaurus entry on 'sequence':
- succession
- assortment
- series

Assortment might describe the behavior of this sequence well. My only
worry is that it doesn't necessarily imply an order...

-Jason