From: Jason Hise (0xchaos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-30 17:20:12

On 10/30/06, Michael Fawcett <michael.fawcett_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> How about ra_sequence?

Random access sequence sounds like the definition of vector more than
a new container type. Actually, I wonder if it is even valid to say
that this container supports random access... although it supports the
syntax for it, isn't random access defined as being constant time?

> > Perhaps it would be best to leave the ultimate decision up to the
> > library author, who came up with the idea and may want the privlege of
> > choosing a name for it. If he would prefer to leave the decision to
> > group concensus, we could put the name to a vote.
>
> It seemed like the author was asking for suggestions. I can't speak
> definitively for the others, but I don't think anyone was presuming to
> name the library for him.

I guess I felt guilty that I brought up the naming issue, even though
he subsequently mentioned he was looking for a better name, because it
derailed the topic to some degree. What I meant to say was that
focusing on reading through and commenting on his implementation is
probably a higher priority, and the name discussion should either be
happening parallel to that or it should be put on the back burner. My
apologies if the statement sounded accusatory.

-Jason