From: Philippe Vaucher (philippe.vaucher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-31 08:55:14

> It looks very nice!

Thank you! :)

Will this Timer replace the old Timer in boost? If yes, when will it
> happen? I can not wait to start using it.

I have no clue and I don't think I'm in the position to decide anything
about this, I suppose once the documentation is done it will go in a quick
review where people will accept or reject it, and then if accepted it'd go
in the next boost version. Maybe for 1.34 if it is still not released by
then (hihi), but I expect it to be included in 1.34.x or 1.35.

About if it'll replace the current boost::timer there should be a discussion
about it, people will have to consider about breaking backward
compatibility, I'm personnaly for replacing the current boost::timer because
it doesn't seem to be used much, but I honestly lack insight about its real
usage... those points are likely to be raised in the quick review anyway.

About you using it you can already use the current code if you want, just
put timer.hpp in boost/timer_new.hpp or smth :)

Regards,
Philippe