From: Philippe Vaucher (philippe.vaucher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-31 11:41:55

> You could use SetThreadAffinity to force QPC to only run on one core,
> although I'm not sure what other ramifications to the timer's design
> and use this might have.

This is interesting but unfortunately it'd mean that the whole thread runs
on one core, which very likely most programmer won't be happy with.... and
running the QPC timer in a thread of his own just looks overkill to me.

Maybe a mid solution would be to provide some macro allowing the user to
make the lib automatically use SetThreadAffinityMask... but I think that
simply mentionning the issue in the documentation is better.

Is there really that much of a need for a QPC based timer ? In my current
state of mind I really provide it as an alternative to the microsec_timer
for those who specifically need it, but microsec_timer is portable and
offers the same resolution than QPC...

Philippe