From: Nicola Musatti (Nicola.Musatti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-02 18:16:06

Robert Ramey wrote:
> Vladimir Prus wrote:
>> Robert,
>> for all appearances, this test failure:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/y5gv7s
>>
>> is the problem with the test itself, not with the library. The
>> error message is:
>>
>> Error E2304 ..\libs\serialization\test\test_variant.cpp 171:
>> Constant variable '_Stz' must be initialized
>>
>> The problem is that I can't find that many lines in the file in
>> question. Do you have an idea what's this variable is and how to fix
>> it?
>
> I've seen this and am not sure how to respond. Given that it points to a
> line#
> beyond the end-of-file its looks to me that its an issue with intialization
> of some static variable with some library - probably with the
> standard library implementation for this environment. Worse yet,
> it seems to come and go. In any case, the best person to
> investigate this woudl be Nicholas Musetti as he has made
> the changes required to support this compiler.

I believe this refers to std::fpos<>::_Stz from <iosfwd>. This appears
to refer to a specialization on a const type, which in turn makes me
think of Borland's bug of not dropping the top level const qualification
in argument deduction.

What I do not know is what is triggering this and whether in this case
the usual workaround is applicable, which is to specify explicitly the
relevant function's template arguments.

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti