From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-04 11:11:59

On Dec 4, 2006, at 10:58 AM, Joaquín Mª López Muñoz wrote:
> OK, these are my results:
>
> * Issuing a "bjam --v2 toolset=msvc deletion_test" produces the
> same error
> that you're seeing in the regression reports. Complete output
> attached as
> out.txt. You can see that there are warnings hinting at some kind
> of incorrect
> mix of static and dynamic libs.
> * Forcing static linking with "bjam --v2 toolset=msvc link=static
> deletion_test"
> makes the test pass. Output attached as out_link_static.txt.
>
> So, adding a <link>static clause to the requirements section of the
> Jamfile.v2
> will solve the issue. A deeper analysis of the roots of the problem
> is beyond
> my abilities :(

Oh, that's interesting! The Jamfile.v2 is defining
BOOST_SIGNALS_STATIC_LINK, which tells the Signals library that it is
linking statically, even though it is being linked dynamically. I'm
going to add in that <link>static and hope for the best.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you! [*]

        Cheers,
        Doug

[*] Hand-typed. I'm so thankful I didn't even cut 'n' paste! :)