From: Andreas Pokorny (andreas.pokorny_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-09 10:23:27

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 01:33:56PM +0100, Robert Goldwein <robert.goldwein_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> for my thesis, I'll be developing a self-contained framework for
> algorithms used in bioinformatics. This will include algorithms such as
> Hamming distance, Levenshtein distance or Longest common subsequence
> algorithms, gene prediction algorithms, 2D and 3D scoring matrices,
> alignment problems, etc.

I once worked for the bioinfotmatics department in Würzburg.
I boostfied (spirit based parsers) profdist

http://www.biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de/profdist.html

and cbcanalyzer
http://www.biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de/cbcanalyzer.html

Before I left I was working on more stable sequence distance
correction algorithms, and more generic datastructures to
represent plain sequence information and sequence files with
structure information.

In general I think you should also look for algorithms used
in statistic methods.

Regards
Andreas Pokorny