From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-10 11:55:05

The documentation in http://boost.org/more/separate_compilation.html
states that:

   these headers fix the ABI to the default used by the compiler, and
   if the user attempts to compile the source with any other setting
   then they will get compiler errors if there are any conflicts.

If these headers really fix the ABI to the compiler's *default*, is
there any point in creating all these libraries with special mangled
names? Does the documentation really mean to say the headers fix the
ABI to the settings with which we build the Boost binaries (or
something like that)? Or have I misunderstood this whole thing?

Thanks in advance,

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting