From: Clark Sims (clark_sims_boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-10 13:44:23

I believe what happened here was that the person who ran the test did not have the compiler specified in the user-config.jam, so the compiler was never called.

A sample way to fix this problem, would be to have the first test be for compiling and running a "hello world" type of program. Perhaps test 1) would be compile and run "hello world". test 2) would be compile and run a "hello world" where cout << "hello world" is in a shared library. and test 3) could be compile and run "hello world" where cout << "hello world" is in a staticly linked library. If any of these test fail, then there is a misconfiguruation of the system, and all test can be expected to fail. Therefore, an error message should be printed to the screen, and regression.py, should halt execution, without reporting results.

I discussed this with Valodia the other day in #boost. I don't know if he has done anything with the idea yet, so I wanted to put the idea out in the mailing list.

Douglas Gregor <dgregor_at_[hidden]> wrote: Boost Regression test failures
Report time: 2006-12-07T21:54:52Z

This report lists all regression test failures on release platforms.

Detailed report:
  http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-RC_1_34_0/developer/issues.html

The following platforms have a large number of failures:
  borland-5.8.2

1127 failures in 53 libraries (30 are from non-broken platforms)