From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-10 16:23:08

David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> writes:

> "John Maddock" <john_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> David Abrahams wrote:
>>> Well then, I guess I really don't know how to interpret that web page
>>> and will need some help from its author. John?
>>
>> It's on by default, BOOST_XXX_DYN_LINK forces it to choose to link against a
>> dll rather than a static lib (when such a choice exists).
>
> Sorry, I guess I assumed for some reason that auto-link was a DLL-only
> thing.

Oh, but that brings up another issue. The default of static linking
doesn't make sense for Boost.Python: if you link your extension module
statically it will be bigger than necessary and you'll give up an
important feature of the library, which allows multiple extension
modules to interoperate with the same wrapped C++ types.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting