From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-11 07:32:31

Roland Schwarz wrote:
> John Maddock wrote:
>> Can you try replacing the call to typeid().name() with just a string
>> literal "" and see if the problem still persists?
>
> Did this.
> Problem gone. It looks like typeid(...).name() is the culprit :-(
>
> What now?

OK I'll patch the source: typid is only used to give meaningful messages
when a failure occures, I'll disable it for this specific circumstance.

> btw.: There are lot of C4786 warnings for msvc-6.5.
> This is well known, and usually cured by disabling this warning.

Yeh, except quite a few std headers turn it back on again!

I've tried pretty hard to disable these in the past, but have pretty much
given up now, especially given how old and broken this compiler is :-(

If you think you can see an easy way to fix these please do go ahead, but I
honestly wouldn't spend any time on unless you're really keen ! :-)

Many thanks for tracking this one down!

John.