From: David Klein (dave_chp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-11 20:18:59

David Abrahams wrote:
> I've just finished my 2nd rewrite of the Boost Getting Started Guide.
> The quality of this crucial document shapes our users' first
> experiences with Boost, and for many, determines whether they use
> Boost or give up in frustration.
>
> I really need feedback on what I've done, **especially from
> experienced Boosters** who can vett my statements for accuracy. I
> have already received some really valuable input from this group and
> poured it into this 2nd rewrite. There were, however, quite a few
> problems I discovered by chance through communications with
> experienced Boosters who haven't given me feedback on the guide. I'm
> wonder what problems I'm still missing, and I hope you can tell me.
>
> You can review the guide at
> http://www.boost-consulting.com/boost/more/getting_started.html.
>
> Thank you for your time,

hi dave,
this is very nice ... but ...

4)
why is only boost python "hyper linked"?

5)
I'd actually would swap 5.2 and 5.3 ... i think most windows users
prefer using stuff in an ide an not on the cmdline, so using IDE should
come before cmdline.

5.4 i guess you mean most of the "deprecated" stuff msvc tells us about?
if so, i'd explicitly state them here (and how to get living/rid of it),
or else i wouldn't be sure, wheter i can just ignore them or i missed
warnings/errors that actually matter. (i guess it's vc2005 only?)

what i actually like ... is all the new example stuff:
on windows (...) it looks like "..."
and on *nix it should look like "..."

this is EXACTLY was i was looking for, in the original 'getting started'
guide, so...

thanks for boost and all *YOUR* new effords regarding it.

--
thx,
dave