From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-12 00:49:15

> You can review the guide at
> http://www.boost-consulting.com/boost/more/getting_started.html.

>> 4. The only Boost libraries that can't be used without separate
>> compilation are
>> Boost.Test

This is not exactly true for Boost.Test. Boost.Test supplies inline versions
for all components. This need to be somehow reflected to avoid confusion.

Also since you put a link on Boost.Python, I think we need to set the link
for each library in the list that refer to the compilation page/description
for appropriate library

>> 7.
>> Boost.Python users should read that library's own build documentation as
>> there are several library-specific issues to consider

I understand that you are best familiar with your own library, but I believe
this statement needs to be made generic. The same could be said about
Boost.Test and am sure other libraries have their quirks.If in addition to
the genric statrment we add links to build doc for each standalone lib as I
suggested above it should be good enough.

>> 7.3 Library naming

>> -vc71
>> Toolset tag: identifies the toolset and version used to build the
>> binary.

Do I understand correctly that you streamlined names for msvc based
toolsets? Doesn't toolset tag here should refer to msvc either?

>> 9. Appendix...

In several places this appendix sounds kinda silly, like you are writing it
for the 6 year old computer novice, and not a computer programmer IMO. The
same "press Return key" could be recommended for linux user either isn't it?