From: Janek Kozicki (janek_listy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-12 05:25:06

David Abrahams said: (by the date of Mon, 11 Dec 2006 18:16:50 -0500)

> > Section 9)
> > I have no idea what you want to tell by:
> > One way to name a directory you know about is to write
>
> Oh. I am trying to help GUI-only people who don't know how to
> navigate the directory tree. I was assuming some people think the
> world begins with "My Documents" and don't know how to write its
> path. Am I being overprotective?
>
> Even if there *are* people like that out there, if I can't say
> sometihng intelligible it only hurts, so I'm inclined to remove it.

In my experience, people that I've met, who think that the world
starts at "My Documents" give a blank stare when I start talking
about writing programs myself. Word "compilation" is a buzzword.

IMHO you can remove this :)

No wait. Actually it contains an information I didn't know about(*) -
namely - what is %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%, so maybe just rephrase this:

Replace "One way to name ..." with

----
"To set current directory to your "My Documents" folder type:
   cd %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%
this can be useful if you got lost in the directory tree"
----
(*) I feel like I should explain myself - I removed windows partition
from my hdd in 1999, and currently I use windows only occasionally in
vmware :)