From: Janek Kozicki (janek_listy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-12 06:01:02

Eric Niebler said: (by the date of Mon, 11 Dec 2006 15:51:20 -0800)

> The purpose of the Boost.Time_series library is to provide data
> structures, numerical operators and algorithms to operate on time
> series. A time series is a series of data points, sampled at regular
> intervals.

I rather won't be able to look at this now, but I recently was
working with data obtained from experiments, and I faced a particular
problem. I'm curious if your library solves it.

I had two distincs gauges which produced data over time. One gauge
had a sample rate once every 15 seconds, and another had a smaple
rate once every 2 seconds. Like this:

A) F - force value every 15 seconds
B) d - displacement value every 2 seconds.

So I had (F,t) and (d,t), where 't' is time.
I wanted to make a plot (F,d).

I had to write a simple linear interpolation between two points. Then
I was able to resample the data to have a value once every 1 second.
Then I was able to plot (F,d).

Can I use your library to do this? ie. store data in a container
using a time interval t1, then read the data using another time
interval t2, and the values will be automatically interpolated when
reading.