From: Douglas Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-12 09:58:51

On Dec 12, 2006, at 8:49 AM, Neal Becker wrote:

> Thanks Dave. I have some problem:
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/src/boost.hg/stage --with-icu
> Building Boost.Jam with toolset gcc... tools/jam/src/bin.linux/bjam
> Detecting Python version... 2.4
> Detecting Python root... /usr
> Unicode/ICU support for Boost.Regex?... yes.
> Generating Makefile...
> [nbecker_at_nbecker3 boost.hg]$ make
> ./tools/jam/src/bin.linux/bjam -sPYTHON_ROOT=/usr -
> sPYTHON_VERSION=2.4 -sHAVE_ICU=1 -sTOOLS=gcc
> warning: Python location is not configured
> warning: the Boost.Python library won't be built
> Building Boost.Regex with the optional Unicode/ICU support disabled.
> Please refer to the Boost.Regex documentation for more information
> (and if you don't know what ICU is then you probably don't need it).
> The mpi module has not been initialized; MPI libraries will not be
> built.
> hint: add "using mpi ;" to user-config.jam to enable MPI support.

You must be using a *very* recent checkout of Boost from the CVS
trunk (not RC_1_34_0), because I just checked in that MPI logic last
night :)

Anyway, the configure script needs to be updated for BBv2, because it
is incorrectly passing information about your Python installation
along to bjam (the BBv1 way doesn't work). I'll try to get this fixed
soon.

   Cheers,
   Doug