From: Tobias Schwinger (tschwinger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-12 14:47:03

Tobias Schwinger wrote:
> David Abrahams wrote:
>
>>Tobias Schwinger <tschwinger_at_[hidden]> writes:

<snip>

>>>With some window width "C:\Progam Files\boost\boost_1_34_0" floats
>>>into the "Header Organization" column
>>

>>I noticed.
>>

>>>('pre' won't break -
>>

>>That's not the problem; it should break before the "C:"
>>

>>>and preformatting isn't really needed, so 'tt' or an equivalent
>>>style should be enough).
>>

>>Oh, heh, I'm not sure I can control that so easily. It looks like
>>docutils puts a <pre>...</pre> around all "inline literals" (text
>>formatted with <tt>...</tt>). Maybe I'll ask about that on the
>>docutils mailing list, but maybe not: even without <pre> I can make it
>>collide :(
>>

> Hmmm... Maybe setting the 'overflow' attribute will work.

No, sorry I mixed things up.

Here is the solution: Changing "white-space: pre" to "white-space: pre-wrap" for the affected styles does the trick.

Internet Explorer doesn't support "pre-wrap" but it doesn't matter here because
 a) pre elements have hard-wired "white-space: pre" semantics with this browser
 b) Internet Explorer doesn't have the problem in the first place

Regards,

Tobias