From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-12 15:43:30

Hi John, (continued below)

John Christopher wrote:
> Hello
> Maybe you could add a few lines to the docs on how to install the library.
> My apologies if the section already exists. I dowloaded the zip and I am not
> sure what exactly I should do. Maybe it is obvious to Boost developpers but
> for outsiders of my kind that could be useful.
> Thanks

<snip>

>> The documentation can be found here:
>> http://boost-sandbox.sf.net/libs/time_series/doc/html/index.html
>>
>> The code is in time_series.zip, which can be downloaded here:
>> http://boost-consulting.com/vault/index.php?directory=Math%20-%20Numerics
>>
>> Any suggestions for improvements are most welcome.

Good suggestion. I'll add an installation section to the docs. The
library is header-only, so there is no lib to compile and link to.

Boost.Time_series requires either Boost 1.34 or Boost CVS HEAD. If you
already have a Boost installation with bjam, then just unpack
time_series.zip into some empty directory, set a BOOST_ROOT environment
variable to point at the root of your boost installation, and then you
should be able to compile the example program (libs/time_series/example)
with "bjam --v2"

If you're a Visual C++ user, the example program has a .vcproj file,
which will also get you going, so long as you set the BOOST_ROOT
environment variable.

If you're winging it, you just need to set the include directories like
this:

   -I /home/eric/time_series/boost/backports \
   -I /home/eric/time_series \
   -I $BOOST_ROOT

The backports include path must come before $BOOST_ROOT, and is only
necessary if you are compiling against Boost 1.34. (It's not needed if
you're compiling against HEAD.)

HTH,

--
Eric Niebler