From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-13 12:17:01

Thomas Witt <witt_at_[hidden]> writes:

> David Abrahams wrote:
>> I worry that this subject line will be overlooked by the people we
>> need to reach. Does it make sense, when quoting regression reports,
>> to start a new thread or at least a new subject?
>>

> Sorry, but I can't figure out what you mean by this.

People often discuss issues with the health of Boost by replying to
the automated regression reports, without changing the subject line.
I'm sure that some people often skip automated regression reports on
this list --- I know I often do, since if I have problems in my
libraries, a report comes directly to my mailbox --- and it's easy to
mistake these replies --- many of which *are* of interest to me ---
for automated reports.

Besides that, the replies almost always could be more specific in
their subject lines so as to help everyone who has to process the huge
waterfall of communications here decide whether they are relevant or
not.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting