From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-14 22:13:27

prateek khanna wrote:

> I am using Boost for the first time and now i am stuck when i try to
> compile code in Linux. We have Linux RHEL 7.2 and g++ 2.96.

As Martin Wille pointed out, RHEL 7.2 and g++ 2.96 are many years
out-of-date and have many problems with Boost and probably other modern
C++ code.

> I managed to execute the sample code Simple_ls in Windows VC++ 6...

VC++ 6 is also years out-of-date and *very* noncompliant as regards the
C++ standard.

Both GCC and VC++ 8.0 (Express edition) are free for the download. Do
yourself a favor and upgrade to modern compilers. Both are very
standards compliant.

--Beman