From: Pavel Vozenilek (pavel_vozenilek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-17 15:28:26

"Andrey Semashev" wrote:

[ snip differences between Boost.Statechart and the proposed FSM ]

> That being said, I may only purpose my implementation as a lightweight
> addition to the Boost.Statechart aimed to solve performance and simplicity
> issues for small and light FSMs. Is there any need in such?

The Statechart library is named as is not to give impression
that this is the only possible FSM implementation in Boost.

An interesting idea had bubbled up during the review
- a FSM that could be "hidden" within a class and would simplify
internals of the class.

Something like that was described on:
http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/statebased.asp
but this implementation is IMHO too complicated
for the end user.

/Pavel