From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-18 06:54:30

Oliver.Kowalke_at_[hidden] wrote:

>> Autoconfig will only help if you have Solaris N to Solaris M
>> cross-compiler.
>> Otherwise, autoconfig will happily check properties of the
>> build system not target system.
>
> If I cross-compile an application for HP/UX 11.11 on Linux (for instance
> kernel 2.6.x) than this

What's "this" above?

> would result in a problem with ::accept(). If
> the listen socket on which ::accept() is called is non-blocking, then
> the returned socket from ::accept() is blocking. This behaviour is
> different on HP/UX 11.11 were the new socket is also non-blocking.

I would have expected the cross-compiler to have some define that says
you're compiling for HP/UX so that you change your code using preprocessor.
If it's not possible, then you'd have to set your own define manually,
when building for HP/UX. I don't think autoconf can run a binary for
target system to check run-time properties, even if you have the target
system around.

Anyway, is your point that autoconf is also problematic, or what?

- Volodya