From: Andrey Semashev (andysem_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-18 16:03:44

Hello,

There are "lightweight_mutex.hpp" and "atomic_count.hpp" files in the
"detail" directory. I find these tools quite simple and useful in some
projects where I don't want to link against the whole Boost.Thread
library yet having a degree of portability. But every time I include
it the nasty "detail" word in the path always makes me remember that
I'm using library's internals that are not the part of public
interface.

Why not making these tools a part of Boost.Thread library, without any
change, of course? A couple of forwarding headers in "boost/thread"
and a documentation update would be a nice solution. Thank you.

--
Best regards,
 Andrey                          mailto:andysem_at_[hidden]