From: Tobias Schwinger (tschwinger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-19 19:37:10

Sean Huang wrote:
> vector200.hpp contains lines with more than 8000 characters. This causes
> problems when the file is added to IBM Rational ClearCase which has an
> 8000-character upper limit for text files. The workaround is to check it in
> as a binary file but this eliminates the possibility of future merges. Is it
> possible to make the lines shorter?

Not easily - it's preprocessor generated code. Running some kind of code beautifier
on it might work (meant as a user-side solution).

I once mailed a replacement for the current header generator to Peder and Arkadiy that uses the Wave tool (but there were some concurrent code changes and performance issues with Wave at that time, so it never made it to the CVS) and Hartmut mentioned that he would maybe add a pretty-printing option to the Wave tool, some day. That's one possibility for a Boost-side solution.

Another one would be to rewrite the code generator to use more vertical repetition.

Regards,

Tobias