From: Andrey Semashev (andysem_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-20 15:42:00

Hello Pavel,

Wednesday, December 20, 2006, 5:33:23 AM, you wrote:

> "Alexander Nasonov" wrote:
>> Andrey Semashev wrote:
>>> ROM friendly? What is it?
>>
>> This means in particular that the transition table should be initialized
>> at static phase of static initialization so that a compiler can store it
>> in read-only memory. I know it's very important in embedded environment
>> where fsm are often used, to store as much as possible in read-only
>> memory.
>>
> Such ROMable classes also cannot have
> constructors or destructors.

The transition rules are never created, so they are ROM friendly. :)
I'm not quite sure if it is possible to make other entities of FSM
read-only with no structors. There are quite a few static dispatching
maps in the implementation, but they have to be filled sometime, even
though they are constant through the rest of the state machine's
lifetime.

--
Best regards,
 Andrey                            mailto:andysem_at_[hidden]