From: Boris Gubenko (Boris.Gubenko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-21 19:26:32

Teemu Torma wrote:
> Notice that Python 2.5 on HP-UX/ia64 uses .so suffix

I built Python 2.5, ran boost python library tests and they all passed except
two tests which compile only in strict ansi mode (apparently, some issue with
dependent name lookup in a default mode) and a test which fails for some unknown
reason. I ran the tests with the original acc.jam which does not have .so -> .sl
trickery. So, Python 2.5 does indeed solve the issue with file suffix.

I'm running full 1.34 tests with Python 2.5 now, we'll see tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

-boris