From: Martin Ecker (martin.ecker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-22 00:23:45

Hi,

Suman Cherukuri wrote:
> Has anyone compiled (or tried to) Boost on Xenon (Xbox-360) platform?
>

> If so, could you post the instructions on building Boost using VS-2005 for
> Xenon?

For the most part things "just work" since the Xbox compiler frontend
is more or less VC++ 8.0. So most header-only libraries that do not
depend on Win32-specifics work out of the box, such as smart_ptr,
bind, function, and many others.

For libraries that need to be built you will probably have to make
some modifications since by far not the entire Win32 API is supported
on Xbox. Mostly you will have to replace #include <windows.h> to
include the main XDK header file. This is pretty much all I needed to
do to get the Boost.Threads library to build.

Best regards,
Martin