From: Michael Goldshteyn (mgoldshteyn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-22 09:35:44

>"Juergen Hunold" <juergen.hunold_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>Anyone interested in this should read this thread
>
>http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=987536&SiteID=1
>
>_before_ installing SP1. At least Qt4 has been broken by this compiler
>regression introduced in SP1beta1.
>
>http://www.trolltech.com/developer/knowledgebase/faq.2006-12-18.3281869860
>
>I don't know if those issues have been fixed in the SP1 final...

And, by the way, installing the Service Pack makes no less than three
additional copies of the 470MB expanded Service Pack .msp file in your
%TEMP% directory. In fact, as I am installing it, it's %TEMP% space usage is
up to a total of 1,444,642,549 bytes and growing. So, you better have some
serious free space available on most likely your C drive, before attempting
this install. I had to change my TEMP environment variable to move the TEMP
directory to another drive to allow for the space required for this service
pack.

Whoever was the brainiac at MS that decided that three copies of the 470MB
SP file need to be put into %TEMP% directory should get some sort of space
hog trophy.

Mike