From: Peder Holt (peder.holt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-25 17:04:26

2006/12/25, Arkadiy Vertleyb <vertleyb_at_[hidden]>:
> "Pavel Vozenilek" <pavel_vozenilek_at_[hidden]> wrote
>
> > [ typeof on VC8 ]
> > Perhaps adding it to 1.34 could be considered.
> > I know how this is against all the rules but 1.34 is still
> > weeks/months away.
>
> I think after the regressions pass for HEAD on all the compilers (just to be
> on the safe side), adding to 1.34 would be painless. Of course, this is up
> to the release manager to allow this.

That may take some time... The last regression tests on HEAD for VC8.0 was run
Mon, 4 Dec 2006 23:51:21 +0000
Seems like all efforts are on testing the release branch...
But I agree, this is a relatively low risk, high gain change. If it
breaks regressions on the release branch, we can always revert it.
I guess it is up to Thomas...

Regards,
Peder