From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-28 03:30:17

Clark Sims wrote:

[please follow up to boost-build_at_[hidden]]

> with the jamfile which I posted previously:
>
> -------------------------------
>
> install ../bin : hello test.hello ;
>
> lib hello : hello.cpp : <include>../include : <define>HELLODLL
> <define>WIN32 : <link>shared ;
>
> exe test.hello : test.hello.cpp .//hello : <define>WIN32 :
> <include>../include ;
>
> -------------------------------
>
> Everything compiles and links fine. However I have to manually copy the
> test.hello.manifest from bin/msvc-8.0/debug/ to ../bin
>
> Is there a way to fix this?

Yes, file a bug report at

        https://zigzag.cs.msu.su:7813/boost.build

and I'll address it when I have time.

> also when I try to create the relase copy by typing "bjam release" the
> macros are not correctly defined, there are no exports in hello.lib, and
> the whole process fails. How do I get this to compile and link correctly
> for release mode?

I don't see anything wrong in your example that would cause this behaviour.
Please most a complete minimal archived project to
boost-build_at_[hidden] and I'll take a look.

- Volodya