From: Sohail Somani (s.somani_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-03 17:01:04

> I would appreciate any feedback towards a possible patch. I
> am currently running the boost thread tests and hoping that
> they don't fail ;) If all goes well, I will rebuild the rest
> of boost as well and run tests there.

FYI, I've tweaked the boost thread tests to disable language extensions
with a modification of the patch I sent earlier. The tests compile and
pass both with and without language extensions. Indeed, boost threads
builds as it used to as well although the patch does alter this part of
boost.

If my jam-fu was any good, I'd figure out how to test both combinations
automagically if it were necessary.

The modification of the patch I sent earlier was basically to have
thread/detail/config to say:

if msvc && using thread library:
    // don't need windows api
    define BOOST_NO_REQUIRE_WIN32
else: // not msvc or building thread library
    pass

Can I get some direction from someone who cares about this?

Thank you!

Sohail