From: Neal Becker (ndbecker2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-05 13:27:38

John Maddock wrote:

> Neal Becker wrote:
>
>>> But in any case if ICU is installed maybe specifying the lib path is
>>> superfluous anyway? Can we rely on everything being in the usual
>>> search paths on Unix systems?
>>>

>> That was with bjam.
>
> Oh :-(
>
> Digging deaper, it looks like the bbv1 and bbv2 got out of synch at some
> point, I'll have to look at this again.

Let me clarify this. Sorry if I mispoke.

I ran bjam and observed:
gcc.link.dll bin.v2/libs/regex/build/gcc-4.1.1/release/libboost_regex.so
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libm.so when searching for -lm
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libm.a when searching for -lm
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libc.so when searching for -lc
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libc.a when searching for -lc

This tells me something is doing -L/usr/lib, and it shouldn't be doing that.

So, I searched around (blindly) to see where it was coming from. I think I
mis-identified gcc-shared.mak as the culprit. Point is, there IS a problem
somewhere.