From: Kevin Lynch (krlynch_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-10 11:55:37

Paul A Bristow wrote:
> This case suggests that we should try harder to ensure that ALL the Boost files contain the license terms. I see from the reports
> that there are thousands of Boost files that do not have this (.png, xml?). How can one embed copyright into .png files?

It's certainly possible with the ImageMagick toolkit, if the file format
supports embedded comments: http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php

There are probably other ways, but I know that ImageMagick is portable
to Unix and Windows boxes, has a set of standard command line tools, and
also has a C++ binding (although I've never used it myself)

Kevin Lynch				voice:	(617) 353-6025
Physics Department			Fax: (617) 353-9393
Boston University			office:	 PRB-361
590 Commonwealth Ave.			e-mail:	 krlynch_at_[hidden]
Boston, MA 02215 USA			http://budoe.bu.edu/~krlynch