From: boost_at_[hidden]
Date: 2007-01-10 23:50:36

I believe others have pointed out that the time zone database would be
much more useful if for each time zone one could have multiple
daylight saving rules, each with its own start and stop time of
applicablity. It seems to me that the easiest way to do this would
be to use the files generated from the zoneinfo files by zic.

A time zone database would be specified by the path to a directory
structure containing one or more files produced by zic. On many
Unix-style systems these files already exist, and the tool (zic)
exists to produce them for others.