From: Yuval Ronen (ronen_yuval_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-11 14:42:46

In the following code:

struct A
{
     void func();
}

int main()
{
     shared_ptr<A> a(new A);
     boost::bind(&A::func, a);
}

the bind() call returns a function object which holds the shared_ptr by
value (it's one of the shared owners). This is an important feature I'm
using, because sometimes the functor is the last owner left standing,
and I want to keep A alive until the functor's destructor (actually, I
don't really like this design, but I'm talking about legacy code here).
Replacing boost::bind with lambda::bind doesn't compile. Is this feature
not supported by lambda::bind? If not supported now, is it planned to be
supported in the future? Can I in the mean time implement this feature
in my code with relative ease?

Thanks,
Yuval