From: Jody Hagins (jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-11 22:20:36

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 08:22:14 -0700
Jeff Garland <jeff_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Yep, all true. But until the switch in US rules there has been
> basically zero demand for this feature. My perception is that the
> majority usage of tz conversion usage is to convert the current time
> or times in the near future to a local time.

Unless you use historic log files, and the date/time is stored in basic
format, then converted to local time. In that case, it should convert
based on the rules in effect relative to the UT value. This is a very
common use case, especially for simulations.

I understand this is "new" but it seems like a candidate for fixing ASAP
so it can go out with the 1.34 release... assuming 1.34 makes it out the
door before the timezone change...