From: Graham Bennett (graham-boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-15 18:23:13

On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 02:41:55PM -0700, Jeff Garland wrote:
> > Ok, I'll have a go at making a patch.
>
> Great, thx!

Patch attached along with a simple test. Please take a look and see if
it makes sense.

> > I'll try to send this along with the patch.
>
> Ditto -- although just a text writeup will probably do as I'll
> integrate it with the docs.

Here's an attempt:

---
The date_time library is affected by the change to the start and end
dates of US Daylight Saving Time in 2007
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Policy_Act_of_2005#Change_to_daylight_saving_time).
 - There is a deprecated template class boost::date_time::us_dst_rules
   which hard-codes the date for US DST changes.  Ideally code using
this should be remediated, but a patch is available.  Since the logic is
in inline template code, all components which use it will have to be
rebuilt to ensure the change is picked up.
 - Boost ships with a user-editable database of timezone and DST
   information (libs/date_time/data/date_time_zonespec.csv) which needs
to be updated.
---
cheers,
Graham