From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-19 08:05:27

Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> I am somewhat stymied by the proper test procedures for the current
> boost release candidate. (ie, RC_1_34_0 branch.)
>
> The documentation:
> http://www.boost.org/tools/regression/xsl_reports/runner/instructions.html
>
> Seems simple enough. However, it lies.
>
> ;)
>
> First of all, the links to regression.py are dead.

I also made this experience. I already corrected the links in the CVS
version of this document, but not on the website. (I am not sure about
the policy of changing the current website.)

> In addition, I'm more interested in checking my local build, after I
> built it, not really the workflow envisioned from this script. (As
> documented.)

In this case you might be better off going to boost_root/status and
issue "bjam toolset=<my-toolset>" from there. Probably it also is a good
idea to capture the output to a file for later review.

The resression.py is good for sharing your test results with others on
the web site.

Roland