From: Aristid Breitkreuz (aribrei_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-20 10:53:03

Am Samstag, den 20.01.2007, 17:32 +0200 schrieb Yuval Ronen:
> So I believe it boils down to providing a runtime-changeable conversion
> ratios for some units (currency), in addition to the currently fixed
> ratios for other units (physics). Whether or not you want to support it,
> is a completely different matter...

Worse, I think you can't fix the set of currencies at compile-time. Even
if you were willing to change your program whenever a new currency is
added to the set of world currencies (admittedly relatively rarely but
it does happen), you might quickly want to add stuff like wheat or
stocks (if only for completeness sake).

Any ideas how to deal with this properly?

> Yuval

Aristid

PS: Now I think I'll check out the thing you're discussing about.