From: Janek Kozicki (janek_listy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-22 10:20:27

Markus Werle said: (by the date of Mon, 22 Jan 2007 14:53:13 +0000 (UTC))

> Hi!
>
> I tried http://www.boost-consulting.com/boost.tar.bz2
> and went to boost-07-01-22-1300/more/getting_started/windows.html
> which has a link to boost.build that leads me to directory
> boost-07-01-22-1300/tools/build/v2 instead of a html page.
> >From there I click-follow the link
> "The user manual, which includes installation instructions, tutorial and initial
> reference is available [here]." which redirects me to
> http://www.boost.org/regression-logs/cs-win32_metacomm/doc/html/bbv2.html
> which I feel is not really the place I'd like to go when finally offline again,
> sigh.

The offline links should disappear after the boost is built. Try it.
A local manual is compiled from manual sources. Manual is not written
in html, but in boostbook (or quickbook?) format. And it is compiled
during the compilation process.

At least it should.