From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-23 03:57:16

Markus Schöpflin wrote:

> The compilation of wave actually succeeds, but linking
> libboost_wave-d-1_34.so.1.34.0 complains about multiply defined symbols.
> See http://tinyurl.com/ysqbex for further details.
>
> This has been broken recently (not more than 2 weeks ago) and I noticed
> that there are some check-ins related to wave in this time frame.
>
> Does that ring a bell with anyone?

It looks like the type of some symbol changed, but compiler sees
both the old and the new symbol. Does CXX uses some template repository,
or compile cache, or whatever? I don't have any ideas except for cleaning
all .o files and caches related to wave.

> BTW, there are two references to 1.34 in the name of the generated
> library. Is that how it's supposed to be? Isn't the 1.34.0 suffix after
> .so somehow wrong?

No, I think that's being there since forever.

- Volodya