From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-23 10:44:30

Markus,

> Boris Gubenko wrote:
> > Hartmut Kaiser wrote:
> >> Is there a tool to unmangle the names?
> >
> > nm -mangled_name_also *.o | grep symbol_reported_as_multiply_defined
>
> This doesn't give any output. "demangle" return just the
> mangled name. Is there some length limitation to nm or
> demangle? Or some sort of name compression scheme that those
> tools don't understand?

Seems to work for gcc based compilers only.

> > Markus, the problem may go away if you compile -tlocal instead of
> > -timplicit_local, but you, probably, would not want to change
> > instantiation mode just for one library.
>
> Other parts of boost depend on the control given by
> -timplicit_local, I even have no idea if spirit would work
> with -tlocal.
>
> Hartmut, did you recently add some manually instantiated
> templates to wave?

No, I didn't add any template instantiations lately :-( The only change I
made in the RC brancch was to fix a bug involving a really minor code
change.

> If yes, please have a look at the CXX workaround in
> 'boost/test/utils/trivial_singleton.hpp' to see if it helps
> in any way.

The CXX workaround seems to _add_ a template specialization, where in the
case of wave we have a multiply defined symbol indicating to have too much
template instantiations...

I'm still clueless here ...
Regards Hartmut