From: Boris Gubenko (Boris.Gubenko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-23 14:15:36

Hartmut Kaiser wrote:

> What do you mean by 'original names'? Names in the original C++ program?

Yes. Here's an example:

cxxosf.zko.hp.com> cat > main.cpp
void foo() {}
int main() {}
cxxosf.zko.hp.com> cat > foo.cpp
void foo() {}
cxxosf.zko.hp.com> cxx -c main.cpp foo.cpp
main.cpp:
foo.cpp:
cxxosf.zko.hp.com> cxx -o main.out main.o foo.o
ld (prelink):
foo.o compressed: foo(void): multiply defined
ld:
foo.o compressed: foo(void): multiply defined
cxxosf.zko.hp.com> cxx -o main.out main.o foo.o -nodemangle
ld (prelink):
foo.o compressed: foo__Xv: multiply defined
ld:
foo.o compressed: foo__Xv: multiply defined
cxxosf.zko.hp.com>