From: Bjørn Roald (bjorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-24 14:33:09

Jose wrote:
> On 1/23/07, Malte Clasen <news_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> Tom Brinkman wrote:
>>
>>> 2) antaialias lines - for smooth line rendering
>>> Anatialias lines are more difficult, particularly connecting end
>>>
>> points. I
>>
>>> wonder what lubomir's plans are for this important functionality.
>>>
>> As far as I understand GIL, this is not the focus of the library.
>>

> It is not the current GIL focus but contributions or additions should be
> encouraged
>
> AGG is now GPL (and I believe is mainly developed by one person) so
> the boost approach should do much better with potentially multiple authors
> contributing new related image libraries

Latest release of AGG, 2.5 has only very miner improvements over 2.4
which is licensed under "Modified BSD", in addition it is licenced under:

    Anti-Grain Geometry Public License

    Anti-Grain Geometry - Version 2.4
    Copyright (C) 2002-2004 Maxim Shemanarev (McSeem)

    Permission to copy, use, modify, sell and distribute this software
    is granted provided this copyright notice appears in all copies.
    This software is provided "as is" without express or implied
    warranty, and with no claim as to its suitability for any purpose.

Which may allow use of AGG 2.4 code in Boost under the boost license.
Any thoughts on that?

Note also that Anti-Grain Geometry distribution package includes General
Polygon Clipper (GPC) by Alan Murta. GPC has a different kind of license
that allows you to use Alan's work for free only in non-commercial
software.

See http://www.antigrain.com/license/index.html for details.

By far the best thing would be to convince McSeem to contribute to boost
if there are anybody that are able to persuade him. :-)

regards,
Bjørn Roald